A Novelty

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Although on the map, Novelty Ohio exists only as a US Post Office - a long story.
At age 78, it seemed time to experience a Tesla while there is still time - the rationalization to my family.
I chose the M3P so as to not be disappointed in the performance compared to the CTS-V, that I still have.
I will miss dabbling with the car. A retired Engineer, I have enjoyed improving both hardware and software in the V - nearly more satisfying than driving.
At just over 3K miles, the Tesla seems a novelty and is a continuing pleasure to experience.
My rare(1 of 298) 2011 Black Diamond Edition CTS-V Coupe now has a For Sale sign on it.

Last edited:

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Although on the map, Novelty Ohio exists only as a US Post Office - a long story.
At age 78, it seemed time to experience a Tesla while there is still time - the rationalization to my family.
I chose the M3P so as to not be disappointed in the performance compared to the CTS-V, that I still have.
I will miss dabbling with the car. A retired Engineer, I have enjoyed improving both hardware and software in the V - nearly more satisfying than driving.
At just over 3K miles, the Tesla seems a novelty and is a continuing pleasure to experience.
My rare(1 of 298) 2011 Black Diamond Edition CTS-V Coupe now has a For Sale sign on it.
Welcome! Great tale and look forward to your stories!

As for the (arguably great) ICE V - nice to know that the Tesla lived up to expectations.
Even my non-p 3d is absurdly faster than anything we've owned previous (porsche, corvette, 350zx) before any modifications. The 3p is just absurdly better..er.
Suffice it to say, I just took the for sale sign OFF my miata...because it sold today.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Frully,

Your "sold" Miata hits home.

Until the T, my favorite had been the 93 RX7 that I sold some time back. The V was second because I judged the RX7 to be better balanced overall.

My preferential order now is T, 7, V.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Even my non-p 3d is absurdly faster than anything we've owned previous (porsche, corvette, 350zx) before any modifications. The 3p is just absurdly better..er.
and likely much easier/more predictable to control per the power available. (at least based on my limited time driving a Z06 and some similar true 'sports cars', and even my SolsticeGXP)

@gaduser - Hope you continue enjoy the Model 3 :)

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Frully,

Your "sold" Miata hits home.

Until the T, my favorite had been the 93 RX7 that I sold some time back. The V was second because I judged the RX7 to be better balanced overall.

My preferential order now is T, 7, V.
I test drove a ~'12 RX7. Wow what a car. Had all the driving dynamics of the miata just much more power. I think I scared the living daylights out of the car salesman when he insisted that I could actually open it up. Revving the rotary over 11k, starting to slide around a corner and making the unsold tires howl grinning ear to ear he might have pooped a little bit. Couldn't afford it at the time or I would have pulled the trigger.