A few items for service on my car

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wanted to put this out there for tracking. I sent my local service team an email with pictures yesterday and they got back to me today. Mobile service technician coming out to my office on Wednesday to inspect my car and then we'll go over the details.

Note, I shared all of this (except #1 and #6) in another thread (Model 3 Delivery Checklist), but figured a dedicated thread to track it's progress would be best.

#1 - Trunk is difficult to close

#2 - There are small scratches around the hood emblem. It’s actually pretty tough to see on Midnight Silver from anything other than up close (like the picture)

7c658102-cc27-4c74-96ff-b37e234b8b56-jpeg.6652

#3 - There is a blemish in the paint behind the trunk overhang. It’s smooth to the touch. Also hard to actually see without line shining directly on it or viewing at an angle like the picture.

18a02828-461c-478c-92ce-3c165cfb7a9d-jpeg.6653

#4 - Interior A-Pillar trim is bowing.

c5f85bd2-cbc1-4d4a-971d-0365d8ab0d91-jpeg.6654

#5 - Headliner on both sides where it tucks into itself (an odd design frankly) seems to have a good size gap and if you push on it, it feels very loose.

d73e0dc8-549b-41fe-889a-88794d114e07-jpeg.6655

5f1f7a07-fe1d-429d-a103-98479c6a7a57-jpeg.6656

#6 - Paint near charge port was scratched while charge port was replaced.

img_1774-jpg.6657

aquadoggie

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the same issue on one side with the headliner. It is odd, but doesn't bother me enough to fix probably. If it can even be fixed.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To follow up, Mobile Service came out as planned this morning to officially document and confirm against my pictures. He was very comfortable that everything will be easily taken care of. Additionally, he indicated they’ll replace the chrome window trim that my tint shop scratched as well. Stay tuned for more progress updates!

a8490df7-da5d-4aa2-ae8f-90ec039271a4-jpeg.6748

Cernie

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So....I only have one mechanical issue so far. The external door handle on the front passenger door won't spring back after you pull it. You have to gently push it back in before you close the door....otherwise the door won't close. Called service center yesterday and they indicated they would have a mobile unit contact me within 48 hours to come and take a look. So far no word but it has barely been 20 hours.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So....I only have one mechanical issue so far. The external door handle on the front passenger door won't spring back after you pull it. You have to gently push it back in before you close the door....otherwise the door won't close. Called service center yesterday and they indicated they would have a mobile unit contact me within 48 hours to come and take a look. So far no word but it has barely been 20 hours.
So far in my experience mobile service has been solid, but I probably followed up a lot before and after ;)

Cernie

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So far in my experience mobile service has been solid, but I probably followed up a lot before and after ;)
Seriously? Southern Florida must run different than Southern California. I just got a call from the Tesla mobile folks (within the 48 hours!...about 31 hours to be exact). They can't come out until April 10!!!! This was after the tech center told me that they would be able to get to it "within a couple of days".

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Seriously? Southern Florida must run different than Southern California. I just got a call from the Tesla mobile folks (within the 48 hours!...about 31 hours to be exact). They can't come out until April 10!!!! This was after the tech center told me that they would be able to get to it "within a couple of days".
Oh wow! I guess they just can’t keep up with the volume of cars that you guys have on the west coast.

LorieL

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh wow! I guess they just can’t keep up with the volume of cars that you guys have on the west coast.
That must be it. I submitted an email list of things that need to be fixed, including my lack of LTE on Monday and I still have not heard a peep from them. I will be calling this afternoon. The website says emails are processed with in 24 hours, so I think I have been pretty patient.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That must be it. I submitted an email list of things that need to be fixed, including my lack of LTE on Monday and I still have not heard a peep from them. I will be calling this afternoon. The website says emails are processed with in 24 hours, so I think I have been pretty patient.
Can I ask what things need attention on your 3?

LorieL

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can I ask what things need attention on your 3?
There are a few. The biggest one is that I can not connect to LTE in most places- even when cell service is available. I suspect there is something wrong with the connection. I also have a panel (the triangular, pointy panel next to the headlight) that is significantly raised. The trunk does not close easily. I have to slam it really hard at least 3 times before I get it to latch - the passenger front door is also challenging to close. There is a rattle in the dash and the frunk is misaligned. I finally called the service center - got tired of waiting for them to contact me via email- and have an appointment for April 9. We will see what happens. But so far, I am less than impressed with the response of the service department. I still, however, LOVE the car!

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There are a few. The biggest one is that I can not connect to LTE in most places- even when cell service is available. I suspect there is something wrong with the connection. I also have a panel (the triangular, pointy panel next to the headlight) that is significantly raised. The trunk does not close easily. I have to slam it really hard at least 3 times before I get it to latch - the passenger front door is also challenging to close. There is a rattle in the dash and the frunk is misaligned. I finally called the service center - got tired of waiting for them to contact me via email- and have an appointment for April 9. We will see what happens. But so far, I am less than impressed with the response of the service department. I still, however, LOVE the car!
Good to know thank you. I have been checking mine for things that people report as I am not seeing anything and worried I am missing them since I am so in love with the car but so far no issues (fingers crossed)

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
About the trunk... I was critical about how hard it was to close in the beginning, but as of about a week or so ago it seems to be much easier to close and I haven’t had Tesla touch it yet.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
About the trunk... I was critical about how hard it was to close in the beginning, but as of about a week or so ago it seems to be much easier to close and I haven’t had Tesla touch it yet.
It has to get used to your touch... :D

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
First update -- 6 days later, no updates from my local Service Team. Will call shortly for an update on getting these items on the calendar...

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wanted to put this out there for tracking. I sent my local service team an email with pictures yesterday and they got back to me today. Mobile service technician coming out to my office on Wednesday to inspect my car and then we'll go over the details.

Note, I shared all of this (except #1 and #6) in another thread (Model 3 Delivery Checklist), but figured a dedicated thread to track it's progress would be best.

#1 - Trunk is difficult to close

#2 - There are small scratches around the hood emblem. It’s actually pretty tough to see on Midnight Silver from anything other than up close (like the picture)

View attachment 6652

#3 - There is a blemish in the paint behind the trunk overhang. It’s smooth to the touch. Also hard to actually see without line shining directly on it or viewing at an angle like the picture.

View attachment 6653

#4 - Interior A-Pillar trim is bowing.

View attachment 6654

#5 - Headliner on both sides where it tucks into itself (an odd design frankly) seems to have a good size gap and if you push on it, it feels very loose.

View attachment 6655
View attachment 6656

#6 - Paint near charge port was scratched while charge port was replaced.

View attachment 6657
Damn. Make sure they get rid of all those pesky red arrows on your car! Mine didn't have any of those! ;)

Thanks for updating and keeping us posted. I think threads like this help new owners (and those about to make a purchase decision) a great deal as they show the minor things they might have to deal with versus the FUD that gets spewed out in the media, especially since most of it seems to be in bed with big oil and/or short Tesla.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Damn. Make sure they get rid of all those pesky red arrows on your car! Mine didn't have any of those! ;)

Thanks for updating and keeping us posted. I think threads like this help new owners (and those about to make a purchase decision) a great deal as they show the minor things they might have to deal with versus the FUD that gets spewed out in the media, especially since most of it seems to be in bed with big oil and/or short Tesla.
I couldn’t agree with you more. Small issues here or there ... all cars will have them. The key is Tesla will always do right by the customer!!

Vin

Country
Country
Just curious, as I patiently wait and wait for the car :)...
is anyone still having that issue of the phantom volume/button pressing of the touch screen?
I don't know if it was a software fix or if the newer models have new screens that don't have that issue.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just curious, as I patiently wait and wait for the car :)...
is anyone still having that issue of the phantom volume/button pressing of the touch screen?
I don't know if it was a software fix or if the newer models have new screens that don't have that issue.
I never had that issue, so I can’t speak to it.