A 10 year old girl called out "There is a Tesla!"

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thursday evening I was going to a favorite bar and restaurant and passed two families chatting in the parking lot. A 10 year old called out, "There is a Tesla!" pointing to my Std Rng Plus Model 3. This is not the first time I've seen kids under 25 who pointed to my car and called it "a Tesla."

I never worried about EVs but this consistent recognition by young people shows how it works.

Bob Wilson

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I got my M3 in Sept 2018 and had it backed in the driveway at my inlaws, where we were relaxing while my wife and her 2 nephews answered the door. One of the kids trick-or-treating said, "we really like your Tesla!", which caught me by surprise. Like you, I'm used to adults, not children, complementing my Tesla.

Garlan Garner

Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thursday evening I was going to a favorite bar and restaurant and passed two families chatting in the parking lot. A 10 year old called out, "There is a Tesla!" pointing to my Std Rng Plus Model 3. This is not the first time I've seen kids under 25 who pointed to my car and called it "a Tesla."

I never worried about EVs but this consistent recognition by young people shows how it works.

Bob Wilson
Here in Chicago....MANY kids call out about Tesla's. Many adults with them just look at their kids like they are strange.

I believe kids are more astute concerning cars / technology these days.

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
More than 40 years ago when my wife and I both had Pontiac TransAms (I had a white '75 400-4sp, my wife had a navy '74 400-auto), my wife remembers stopping at a 4-way stop and a 6 y.o. boy walked by with his mom, "oh, I've always wanted a TransAm just like that one". Of course this was probably right after Smokey and the Bandit made TA's famous. So it's been going on for years.