9 days old and and got rear ended

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
First road trip in the 3. Up near Wasaga overnight at friends planning a trip on the Harley’s down to the Smokey mountains this week. On the way back stopped at a red light in Barrie. Light turned green and ‘bang’ from behind. Minor but really???

Just the bumper cover. Bottom pic has licence plate imprint. Sensor still works. Go figure, her car just has a bent front plate......Filed a collision report with the OPP and an insurance claim.

7c7f1c13-88db-4e2f-96e1-0508695cd16f-jpeg.10323

eecd665c-bea4-4ee7-be16-69e44e936fb4-jpeg.10325

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This has happened to me a couple times. It will be close to $1200-1500 for repair and repaint and over $2000 for replacement, asssuming you take it to a Tesla authorized body shop.

I made the mistake of getting the work done at a cheaper place, let’s just say it’s better to get it done right, especially if insurance or the other party is paying.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This has happened to me a couple times. It will be close to $1200-1500 for repair and repaint and over $2000 for replacement, asssuming you take it to a Tesla authorized body shop.

I made the mistake of getting the work done at a cheaper place, let’s just say it’s better to get it done right, especially if insurance or the other party is paying.
First road trip in the 3. Up near Wasaga overnight at friends planning a trip on the Harley’s down to the Smokey mountains this week. On the way back stopped at a red light in Barrie. Light turned green and ‘bang’ from behind. Minor but really???

Just the bumper cover. Bottom pic has licence plate imprint. Sensor still works. Go figure, her car just has a bent front plate......Filed a collision report with the OPP and an insurance claim.
That sucks.
That will be an expensive tap for her insurance. Make sure its good behind there.
At least you can see what is behind the cover

Country
Country
Almost got sideswiped by a loving granny when the car was 6 days old. She didn't check her blindspot and I guess assumed she was the only one on the road.

Definitely get it done by one of the Tesla-outsourced body shops!

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Had this similar thing happened to me several years ago while at a stoplight in my Prius. The young lady that hit me was texting and did not stop in time. We pulled over into a parking lot and she was very apologetic and her insurance took care of the bills. I think it came out to about $1500. With all the texting nowadays, I think we are all more susceptible to being hit from behind like this. I wonder if Carfax will show a hit like this on their records over time? which could mean a hit on the resale value.

Country
Country
Had this similar thing happened to me several years ago while at a stoplight in my Prius. The young lady that hit me was texting and did not stop in time. We pulled over into a parking lot and she was very apologetic and her insurance took care of the bills. I think it came out to about $1500. With all the texting nowadays, I think we are all more susceptible to being hit from behind like this. I wonder if Carfax will show a hit like this on their records over time? which could mean a hit on the resale value.
I've had the same happen on another car and having just sold that car with Carfax report purchased, I can tell you that it does hit your resale value and does show up as an accident (not at fault) with repair costs.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had the same happen on another car and having just sold that car with Carfax report purchased, I can tell you that it does hit your resale value and does show up as an accident (not at fault) with repair costs.
That sucks that it hits the resale value.