Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts
Reactions: samson
So you'll pay $500 more for paint but get new seats :(
Considering the rear seat bench pops out in 20 seconds with no tools, you should consider asking Tesla the price of the part, or better yet monitor totaled cars where you might be able to get one cheap.

Considering the rear seat bench pops out in 20 seconds with no tools, you should consider asking Tesla the price of the part, or better yet monitor totaled cars where you might be able to get one cheap.
Ahh see I'd want the new front seats. My rear seats are covered with car seats ;)

Reactions: JWardell
Well I was thinking of changing my color, only bc I feel like the obsidian black is not getting made. Now I'll for sure stay with what I have instead of paying more.
I was considering telling my wife about tonight my new purchase and allow her some input into colors, etc., but not if it's going to cost a lot more money.

I'll wait until the Twins game is over (looks like they're winning). Then she'll be in a good mood.

I was considering telling my wife about tonight my new purchase and allow her some input into colors, etc., but not if it's going to cost a lot more money.

I'll wait until the Twins game is over (looks like they're winning). Then she'll be in a good mood.
Dude... good luck lol. If you are just telling her about the purchase, you may want to go ahead and let her have some inputs on colors.

She's had red vehicles before, but it's been a LONG time since I had one (and now I'm having another one).

She didn't like the brandy (saddle leather brown) interior in her Encore, but that's the only way she'd get the black cherry exterior and premium features. Everyone else loves it So pretty sure she'll hate my white interior, but maybe it'll grow on her too.

This is becoming very discouraging for us waiting for the standard battery. The wait is hard enough and now we are paying more...
Maybe they'll drop paint prices again when they introduce standard range.

They could just be taking advantage of the rest of us for a profitable end-of-year push.

This is becoming very discouraging for us waiting for the standard battery. The wait is hard enough and now we are paying more...
The $35k car will still be there as a base price with black exterior. Everything else is a question mark.

I guess look at it this way. You already knew a base car with a color other than black already was at $37,000 including paint and destination fees. That is now that is $37,700. That is 1.89% of an increase.
The current US inflation rate is 2.9%, so while your price only increased $700, the cost to Tesla increased $1,073 based on inflation.
The national gas price change from 2016 ($2.250) to 2017 ($2.528) was a 12.35% increase.

"it just fell off" without any provocation of another vehicle slamming into it.
The car was hit by someone running from the police.

Ouch!

Ahh see I'd want the new front seats. My rear seats are covered with car seats ;)
To be honest, the rear seats is where the difference was most noticed / appreciated for us - I know the fronts are supposedly different in the new one vs the early one but we couldn't really tell. The new one has more new-car-smell ;)

Reactions: Kizzy
Or people that were waiting to order see prices jacked up and change their mind. That's a lot of lost sales.
I haven't ordered because I have an Audi leased not up until mid '19. I figured it out, and with a 2-4 month delivery I was going to order end of August with idea that I would likely get car Nov/Dec and still get full $7,500 tax credit. That would also minimize overlap of having both cars. I would still come out better vs. getting the car Jan-June 2019 with 1/2 tax deduction. Now with an extra $1,700 in cost for DMAWD ($1K), paint ($500) and doc fee ($200) it doesn't work anymore. I would think there are many others like myself.

I will be one of these lost sales. I was a definite sale prior to these changes. I believe in capitalism and respect the right of Tesla to make these changes and do not have a problem with what they are doing. I also do not think they'll have a problem with me being a disciplined money manager and passing as the perceived value (to me) is no longer there.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.