3d mats AKA cabin carpet entombment

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

quadmasta

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For the people getting these mats who don't live in places with extreme weather, why? I got ToughPRO mats because they're easier to clean than the carpet stock ones, especially with dog fur, but I don't get the appeal of covering every square inch of carpet in the car.

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
in my last vehicle I had all weather mats which i thought were going a great job. when i pulled them up after a winter they were doing a great job in the areas of carpet they covered. the carpet that was not covered was dirty and discolored. just much easier to cover as much as you can - especially if you have kids and have to deal with snow/slush.

alxwhy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
mats with raised edges keep liquids contained on the mat. with the toughpro mats, if you spill a drink or drag in snow, mud it can spill out and onto the side carpet and dribble under the mats.

i have kids, and they drag in and spill things enough times to warrant the extra protection.

alxwhy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
so I'm reading extreme weather AND kids as reasons to have the automotive equivalent of the plastic on your grandma's sofa :)
different strokes for different folks. same as ppf, console wraps. some people think its worth doing, some don't. plastic on grandmas sofa, using card protectors for your collectibles, etc.

i think the mats look nice, and it makes clean up a lot easier. i dont like the look of the toughpro mats or functionality.