3-4 Months Delivery Estimate IS WRONG (not personalized placeholder)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

For first time owners who ordered last week of July: DO YOU ALREADY HAVE A DELIVERY DATE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GulBrillo

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I reserved my Model 3 July 10, 2017 for Florida, and I never owned a Tesla before.
The delivery estimate changed from time to time, and when I was finally allowed to configure and order the car a couple of days ago, I got a confirmation for September to November 2018 delivery.

The very next day I got a mail from a Tesla agent pushing me to finalize payment/loan options, trade-in information etc. within the next few days. When I asked how they want to estimate my trade-in now when the delivery is still 4 months out, he replied with a VIN number and a delivery date of July 20. The car is on route to Jacksonville.

He confirmed on the phone that the delivery estimate is just a placeholder that everybody sees and has nothing to do with my actual place in line. What a pleasant surprise! :)

However, if I were to change any hardware configuration (including the vegan steering wheel) this would result in a new VIN number and add 3-6 weeks to the delivery. And: the vegan steering wheel is not yet available for the Model 3 at all (and might never be).

Anyways: I'm curious if you already got a fixed delivery date for orders placed within the last week (after the flood gates were opened).

imusick

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I ordered April 2, 2016. Didn’t receive the invite to configure until a couple days ago. I would be curious to know what vehicle options you guys configured that resulted in such early delivery dates (ie. AWD / Rear wheel drive / Performance; Color; etc.).

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They had to throw a date of some sort out there when they opened the configurator for everyone this week. I figure by the second week of July they'll have the stock pile of cars assigned and delivered, Musk will have announced how many cars they are making and then they will start to plan orders and update the dates to be more realistic.

summerfun

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Isn't the survey supposed to read last week of "JUNE"?

I think by the survey results they do not understand you are asking for an assigned delivery DAY. No one has been assigned an actual day to pick up their car 3-4 months out. Or do I misunderstand your survey too?

FYI. Most people were given an ESTIMATE of 3-5 months, not 3-4. Then within hours or days, they are getting actual delivery dates if you selected a car Tesla already has built and waiting.

Last edited:

summerfun

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I ordered April 2, 2016. Didn’t receive the invite to configure until a couple days ago. I would be curious to know what vehicle options you guys configured that resulted in such early delivery dates (ie. AWD / Rear wheel drive / Performance; Color; etc.).
I see you are new. Read some of the other threads for details but to recap. If you submitted an order since the flood gate opened and configured an LR, RWD, PUP, etc. you have a good chance of getting picked early if you want silver or blue.

In April of 2016 you placed a reservation, not an order. That is what getting an invitation to configure is... when you complete a configuration and submit it to Tesla with a $2,500 payment you have now placed an ORDER.

AWD and Performance are barely underway and no one has been assigned a VIN yet for these options (as far as anyone on here knows). P's are being promised 2-4 months. Everyone else with LR is being told 3-5 months as a default.

Last edited:
Country
Country
Midnight Silver
18in Aero
RWD
EAP

My ISA said arriving July 3 at my pickup location. Maybe I picked the right combo, but being in Ohio it’s probably in my favor as they work through their delivery center bottlenecks.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Midnight Silver
18in Aero
RWD
EAP

My ISA said arriving July 3 at my pickup location. Maybe I picked the right combo, but being in Ohio it’s probably in my favor as they work through their delivery center bottlenecks.
Where in Ohio are you located? I’m looking for a credit union with decent rates in the central Ohio area.

GulBrillo

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Silver Metallic | Aero Wheels | Long Range | Premium | RWD

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Another Silver Metallic | Aero Wheels | Long Range | Premium | RWD ordered last week and able to arrange the delivery date for late July 2018. Certainly not the 3-5 months indicated at the time of configuration.

choney22

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Reservation placed August, 2017. Invited to configure early July and placed my order July 9, 2018.
Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Solid Black Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
Premium Interior
Premium Black

Only info on delivery is estimated Sept-Nov of 2018. From reading above it seems no VINs have been assigned for AWD yet so still waiting to see someone start to get delivery on that option.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Only info on delivery is estimated Sept-Nov of 2018. From reading above it seems no VINs have been assigned for AWD yet so still waiting to see someone start to get delivery on that option.
Welcome to the forum!

A handful of AWD VINs have been assigned, mostly to cars with pearl white paint + aero wheels, and couple already have delivery dates. I've been tracking these assignment's in the Model 3 Order Tracker spreadsheet (link) as well as on the forums. Performance AWD VINs are being assigned in greater numbers, mostly to white and red configurations, but to all other colors as well (except blue).

choney22

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Welcome to the forum!

A handful of AWD VINs have been assigned, mostly to cars with pearl white paint + aero wheels, and couple already have delivery dates. I've been tracking these assignment's in the Model 3 Order Tracker spreadsheet (link) as well as on the forums. Performance AWD VINs are being assigned in greater numbers, mostly to white and red configurations, but to all other colors as well (except blue).

Thanks for the info and I have added mine to that spreadsheet. Hopefully we see AWD deliveries ramp up soon

Three Pixel

Country
Country
I was looking at the configurator just now and noticed all three versions, RWD/AWD/P, now say 2-4 months for delivery. Guess the production queue is filling up. Wonder how long it’ll take to have them with date ranges that cross into next year.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered mine White Pearl long range RWD EAP Aero wheels on July 26th, Just received confirmation that I have been assigned a vehicle today! No VIN yet, but submitted addtional steps (photos of trade in, and financing questions) still says
Aug. '18 - Oct. '18