280 miles on 90% charge

kyrral

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've charged auto twice. First time on 110 volt. 2nd time using 220v 30 amp that charged at 11 miles per hour. 280 miles both times. Anything I'm doing or could it be the Tesla?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've charged auto twice. First time on 110 volt. 2nd time using 220v 30 amp that charged at 11 miles per hour. 280 miles both times. Anything I'm doing or could it be the Tesla?
As others have said, it sounds like your charge limit is set to 90%. Mine is, and I get exactly 279 miles indicated on a full (90%) charge. Touch the lightning bolt icon on the left side of the screen, and check to see where the slider bar is set on the battery diagram. Mine was set at 90% when I first got the car, and it has been there ever since.

kyrral

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I checked the slider and it looked like it was set about 90%. I didn't see a percentage. Should I have or is that an estimate. I moved it all the way to the left. I'll charge and see what happens. Thanks for feedback.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I checked the slider and it looked like it was set about 90%. I didn't see a percentage. Should I have or is that an estimate. I moved it all the way to the left. I'll charge and see what happens. Thanks for feedback.
It is an estimate. There is no percentage shown.

PaulK

Country
Country
Model 3 is very politically correct. See:

Moving it further left would result in being called a "tree hugger".

If you're taking your Model 3 on a hunting trip, best advised to move it all the way to the right.

kyrral

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got 308 on full charge. For about two hours it said it was still charging. Is this within accepted parameters? I'm going to plug it again tonite.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got 308 on full charge. For about two hours it said it was still charging. Is this within accepted parameters? I'm going to plug it again tonite.
Sounds like an ideal scenario to me. Charging while almost full takes much longer so that makes sense, what kind of plug are you using?

kyrral

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Its the adapter plug, some J #, that attaches to my Chevy Volt charge cord and socket. Display says its charging at 12 amps.