20in Performance Tires in Snow?

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I know the Performance tires are summer tires but can they be used in snow? Do you all think I’d need to swap them out for winter or all season tires?

(Well I know they can be used in snow but will it not have good grip on the road?)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know the Performance tires are summer tires but can they be used in snow?
I wouldn't risk it. They're not all-season tires. Tesla's traction control is pretty incredible, but traction control can only do so much.

Technical48

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In March 2006 I rented a Mercedes C-class wagon riding on summer tires in North Rhine-Westphalia Germany. On the weekend I decided to drive to the Eifel mountains, in particular to the Nordschleife. When I arrived, the track was covered in snow and closed. I decided to stop at the Tourist entrance for a photo op. When I got back into the car to drive away, I was stuck. On completely level ground, basically in a parking lot, the car would not move. So yeah, summer tires in snow is baaadddd idea.

Lucky for me, while I was trying to figure my way out of this predicament a motorcycle rider stopped and asked me take his photo by the Green Hell sign. I said, "Sure, if you help me push my car back to the road!"

p3129468-jpg.14327