2021 M3P Troubling Data

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think it was largely in jest but trying to figure out how people get all these real time statistics on battery temp, power, 0 to 60 etc. guessing they are using something that goes into the obd. As far as testing, I would get ver far doing 0 to 60 runs in my township.
You can use a smartphone app. They aren't as accurate (I think the GPS samples at a max of 1Hz on phones vs 10Hz in those hardware solutions.) but I would guess accurate enough for you to get a feel for how bad it is. Has anyone tried those apps?

clerkp

Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You can use a smartphone app. They aren't as accurate (I think the GPS samples at a max of 1Hz on phones vs 10Hz in those hardware solutions.) but I would guess accurate enough for you to get a feel for how bad it is. Has anyone tried those apps?
I haven’t. I’ve only owned the car during relatively cold weather. I can say the car has a noticeable decrease in power below 65 SOC. What I can’t say is how much different it is from a 2019 under the same circumstances. It appears that the 2021 is running a target engine temp of 12C where the 2019 is running much warmer. The difference in engine temps appears to be the reason for the decreased power. The heat pump has something to do with it as well. While a lot of people are focusing on the LR versus the 2021 M3P (or is it P3D?) the far more interesting comparison is the 2021 v 2019 M3P because the differences are evident starting at 70 SOC.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
"The data" shows you real temperatures of every part of the system, as well as target temperatures, and power limits...these questions are all easily answered with a bit of logging.

Reactions: Achooo

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.