Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

2019 Tesla Model S 100D vs long range

Question 
11K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Bigriver 
#1 ·
Hello Tesla patrons. I am planning to buy my first Tesla Model S. When I am shopping online, I am finding two Trims in 2019 variants for Model S. One is 100D and other is Long range. The features and specs look exactly same, however 100D seems to be costing more. Can anyone here educate me what is the difference? Do both the trims come with dual motor and give long mileage?

#2 ·
In the first half of 2019, Tesla renamed the "Model S 100D" to "Model S Long Range". So the Long Range vehicle should be newer.

I believe the major difference was the introduction of the Raven front motor, which increases range and performance.
Hopefully somebody will correct me if I don't have this quite right. I'm not sure if the renaming exactly coincides with the motor update.

#3 ·
I own a 2019 ModelS 100D. As @garsh said, the biggest difference is in the front motor and in use the two things you would find is that the Raven has a bit longer range and that one foot driving is more effective. With the 100D's front motor, that car doesn't come to a complete stop as quickly when you lift your foot off the gas. The cars have far more similarities than differences, and in my opinion are excellent choices. Good Luck!

#4 ·
The features and specs look exactly same, however 100D seems to be costing more.
That's odd. Just a lone example or consistently finding that?

In addition to what has been said above, the air suspension was changed in the Ravens, and most people who have experienced both say that it is much improved. I have a 100D (model X) and have never driven in a Raven, so I remain blissfully and maybe ignorantly happy with the 100D.

Reactions: Grebgreb
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.