2018 Model 3 Dual Motor - Full Front End Repair Cost?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

EVmatch: the Airbnb of EV charging.

j-j-lucifer

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hi guys,

Got into an accident (no one hurt, everyone walked away. Other two cars drove away unlike me lol). Need a full front end repair. I'm hoping (praying) that since air bags did not deploy and it actually still drives (drove up and down flatbed) it's repairable. Question is, how much do you think it will cost? I am TERRIFIED based on what I read online, and I may be footing the bill (limited collision) . Anyone had a similar situation and have a quote they can share?

Thanks.

JasonF

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
There is no way you're going to get an accurate estimate from a photo like that until you go to a body shop so they can find all of the hidden damage. It's good the airbags didn't go off, but you still have to be concerned about frame damage. These cars are built tough, but even cosmetic parts damaged to that extent could end up around $20,000+ - and that's not counting can't be seen underneath there.

I've never heard of limited collision before, it's usually either on or off with a deductible.

GDN

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

atnbirdie

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We had a front end collision that left the car mobile enough to get on tow trucks, but since coolant leaked, we didn't drive it more than that. All front end body panels had to be replaced and some mechanical parts. In MD, it ran to $10. Of course, the only way to know for sure is to just go get an estimate for your specific damages.

Reactions: 1 person

j-j-lucifer

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yep, its sitting at the body shop tonight. Will get estimate later this week. Just trying to brace myself for the worse (excluding write-off). Thx for the responses, I'll post what it ends up being.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Curious to see the estimate. It appears the impact was quite high on the top of the bumper. Here’s a pic of the front without the bumper:

E0104BD1-4B34-47E9-A797-C2F91B2550D4.jpeg

garsh

Dis Member
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Curious to see the estimate. It appears the impact was quite high on the top of the bumper. Here’s a pic of the front without the bumper:
That picture looks familiar. ;)

I agree, that looks like a very high hit. My (completely amateur) guess is that you will have no damage to the ultra high-strength steel frame at all, and therefore no motor damage, and possibly no damage to the cooling system. I'm going to guess that it'll be under $10k to get this fixed.

Tesla-Model-3-structures_front.png

JasonF

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I agree, that looks like a very high hit. My (completely amateur) guess is that you will have no damage to the ultra high-strength steel frame at all, and therefore no motor damage, and possibly no damage to the cooling system. I'm going to guess that it'll be under $10k to get this fixed.

Now that I've seen the face-off photo, you're right that most of the damage is shattered superficial plastic parts. But the hood is kind of expensive, and we can't see the condition of the windshield. The right front quarter panel will have to be replaced. The piece that's concerning though is the yellow colored piece in your diagram on the right front corner. If that's crushed (which the twisted up headlight and displaced wheel well cover might indicate) the repair cost will push close to writeoff territory.

j-j-lucifer

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
No windshield damage thankfully. The damage stops in the middle of the right headlight. The side of the right quarter panel actually isn't damaged other than what you see in the photo. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 1 person

SoFlaModel3

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Seeing that picture, I would hope the car is totaled. That’s such extensive work. My fender bender in my wife’s was in excess of $10k for surface damage.