20" OEM Sport Wheels now for sale!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla is now offering the 20" Sport Wheels for sale as a Model 3 accessory! :cool:

https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/produc...model-3-20_-sport-wheel-and-tire-package.html

$4000 gets you:
  • 4 x 20X8.5J Sport wheels
  • 4 x 235/35/20 – Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
  • 4 x tire pressure sensors
  • 4 x Tesla logo Sport wheel center caps
  • 4 x rear upper fore links (I guess they are saying it requires a change to the suspension?)
Lug nuts and lug nut covers sold separately.

I am disappointed that this isn't a staggered set.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
FYI, other than the OEM look one can get aftermarket sets that are much cheaper. I prefer the turbine design myself and there are some for Model 3

rareohs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Man if AWD becomes available as my RWD model 3 is shipping, I’m going to be a little annoyed.

rareohs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think there’s a high probability you’re going to get a little annoyed...
might be right. on the other hand, even if i could put a halt on things, no idea how many people invited to configure before me are waiting for these, so wouldn't be surprised if this pushed my delivery back several months

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Be happy with what you buy at the time that you buy it. Otherwise, you will always be disappointed, especially with Tesla's policy of changing/upgrading at any time without prior notice.

One thing I'm surprised about is the lack of 20" as an option in the configurator now even though it's available in their store for after-purchase install.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
might be right. on the other hand, even if i could put a halt on things, no idea how many people invited to configure before me are waiting for these, so wouldn't be surprised if this pushed my delivery back several months
Be happy with what you buy at the time that you buy it. Otherwise, you will always be disappointed, especially with Tesla's policy of changing/upgrading at any time without prior notice.

One thing I'm surprised about is the lack of 20" as an option in the configurator now even though it's available in their store for after-purchase install.
^^ Truth for sure!

Model 3 is so amazing you won’t care what you’re “missing” because you’ll have “it”.

m3neko

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I don't understand the need to replace those upper suspension links, as quite a few people have already installed 20" wheels on their 3s with no adverse issues whatsoever (no abnormal tire wear, etc.).

Very strange.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't understand the need to replace those upper suspension links, as quite a few people have already installed 20" wheels on their 3s with no adverse issues whatsoever (no abnormal tire wear, etc.).

Very strange.
Maybe just more a performance tweak? I haven't seen many 20" wheels with the regular suspension, as most folks who have installed 3rd party 20" wheels also lowered/changed the suspension on their cars altogether.