20 in Tire recommendations for All season - Michelin - Pilot Sport A/S 3+

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Guys
Was wondering if you can recommend for a M3 dual motor

Michelin - Pilot Sport A/S 3+

I am changing my wheels to a aftermarket 20 in wheels which can be loaded with 235/35R20
I found the above tires in Costco. Do you guys see any issues with this combination?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I am changing my wheels to a aftermarket 20 in wheels which can be loaded with 235/35R20
I found the above tires in Costco. Do you guys see any issues with this combination?
No issues. Costco lists that tire as a valid replacement specifically for the Model 3 Performance, so it should be fine.
That said, make sure your particular Costco is comfortable changing tires on a Tesla. Some people have reported that their local store refuses to work on them, for fear of damaging them.
Tire Details - Michelin - Pilot Sport A/S 3+

Also, I posted a deal I found at TireRack earlier in the Model 3 Replacement Tire Discussion (OEM sizes only) thread.

Holy crap, this looks like a really good deal for Performance owners.

Falken Azenis FK510 - SIZE: 235/35ZR20, $125 ea
Ultra High Performance Summer

Tire Rack test results, where it performs very well.
Consumer Reviews, including 3 by Tesla owners,

@Mad Hungarian, thoughts?

View attachment 27132
I've had several sets of these and love, love, LOVE them.
Excellent grip in both wet and dry, nicely controllable at the limits and surprising ride comfort for a true UHP tire.
Falken has always been something of an underrated brand, I've found almost all of their products deliver top-tier performance at really reasonable prices.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the post and link. What do I do with the TPMS? Will the Costco put one or is there anything special for Tesla?
I've never had Costco put tires on new wheels that didn't already have TPMS. Ask them if they can provide new TPMS sensors. If not, you'll have to purchase them elsewhere.

The Tesla TPMS sensors aren't special. I've got 3rd-party units for my winter wheels/tires.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I used the Michelin - Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on previous vehicles, and it felt like it transformed the car. Highly recommended, but you probably won't get the same night and day difference I had on your well heeled Model 3.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Guys
Was wondering if you can recommend for a M3 dual motor

we have those on the OEM wheels for winter. Fantastic combo - not the best snow tire, but decent, and great for everything else. Remarkably competent tire across a wide variety of conditions. A bit firm, but not harsh or noisy. Tracks like crazy, not far behind the PS 4S.

Achooo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have them on my 20's now and like them. Since I have a staggered setup I didnt want to spend $$$ on the Pilot Sport 4S. I wanted something that will last longer. View attachment 29761 View attachment 29762
That lower looks amazing. What lowering hardware did you end up using and how much of a drop? Trying to figure out what setup to go with myself.