20” performance wheels: is there an option for square or staggered?

artsci

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Couldn’t get an answer from my service center and my order does not provide this level of detail. Are the 20” wheels on the dual motor performance version square or staggered? And is there an option for making that choice? I’d like them staggered, if that’s possible.

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They are square.
There is no option for staggered.

I am disappointed as well.

artsci

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Given Elon’s prouncements about greater performance with wider, stickier rear tires, one would think that they’d offer this option on the 20” wheels. But we all now are fully aware that Elon’s statements are too often way over the top.

However there are vendors selling 10” width wheels for the 3. Maybe that’s the way to go. Given what’s available out there, $4,000 for a set it 20” Tesla for performance wheels is not a good value, especially when staggered 20” wheels can be had for about $2,200.

Are the 20” wheels on the dual motor performance version square or staggered? And is there an option for making that choice? I’d like them staggered, if that’s possible.
Lighted TMan!

Glad to see you over “here”! Now, you know as well as me that a lighter 19 square is by far going to be the real performance option over the rubber band 20s especially with the over safetification (new word) nanny (unless track mode is uncorked) always lurking and with FMVSS 126 just a nano second away. The (typically) heavier, damage prone, emergency lane stranding, different alignment setting requiring, expensive 20s are for posers. Anybody that has any real world Motorsports experience knows this. Your shelled roads up there will beat your 20s like a rented mule, but you already knew that. The 20s on a 3 are akin to the failed 21s on an S. The fo realz racer/Titan (and not jus' somebody w/an SCCA license) on the other forum that so graciously let me use his water jet CAD/CAM guy to fab suspension bits for me is running square 20s on his S ludi for max performance.

hypocrisy alert: I do have (2) sets of 21 staggards, (2) sets of 20s for the S and I just mounted 19 staggards on the 3.

btw, why didn’t you roll with the new crew down to the VIP area FH launch as I saved you a seat with us in the shade under the palms?o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

artsci

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Wow, don't know what to say:). Actually the roads in Maryland are quite good -- I've had only one or two bent rims on my S over 5 years, one on a 20" another on a 21". There's no way I'll run 19"s on my 3:)

Appreciate the invite to the FH launch. The only Falcon Heavy future launch date this year is on 11/30. May be able to make that one. Hold my seat until further notice.

Last edited: