2 Million EV Worldwide

• JOIN @TREVP AND SOME T.O.O. CREW FOR THE FIRST EVER ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT AT BASECAMP MIAMI!
    THE LARGEST ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT ON THE EAST COAST SATURDAY FEBRUARY 8th!
    Full details and RSVP here

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

patrick0101

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I was trying to find out how many plug-in vehicles have been sold worldwide. I found that 1 million EVs sold was reported in Sept. of 2015. I also found that worldwide plug-in vehicle sales for 2016 was 773,600 units. This puts the total at 1.7 million, but it does not have sales for Q4-2015 or Q1-2017. I don't have data for these quarters. 2016 had about 200,000 EV sales per quarter. The news from China is that EV sales have grown significantly there this year. Given that, I would assume that we are very close to crossing the 2 million mark.

Anyone have a source that can confirm or deny this?

patrick0101

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Passed the 2 million mark in December 2016 according to Hybid cars article. Sorry don't have link now.
Thanks I found a story that said "on track to pass it at the end of Dec 2016" but nothing that says it was crossed. Funny, 1 million had a bunch of articles, 2 M seems to be ho-humm.