2 Million EV Worldwide

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

patrick0101

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I was trying to find out how many plug-in vehicles have been sold worldwide. I found that 1 million EVs sold was reported in Sept. of 2015. I also found that worldwide plug-in vehicle sales for 2016 was 773,600 units. This puts the total at 1.7 million, but it does not have sales for Q4-2015 or Q1-2017. I don't have data for these quarters. 2016 had about 200,000 EV sales per quarter. The news from China is that EV sales have grown significantly there this year. Given that, I would assume that we are very close to crossing the 2 million mark.

Anyone have a source that can confirm or deny this?

patrick0101

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Passed the 2 million mark in December 2016 according to Hybid cars article. Sorry don't have link now.
Thanks I found a story that said "on track to pass it at the end of Dec 2016" but nothing that says it was crossed. Funny, 1 million had a bunch of articles, 2 M seems to be ho-humm.