1st time EV/Tesla owner soon!

dmm

Country
Country
Aw sucks! I bet Tesla contacted the OP and gave him an earful after his tweet ;)

But soon there will be 1500 of these first time owners. Will be very hard to keep the secrets.:)

Travelwolf

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Travelwolf was commenting on the fact that Tesla had given @PTFI a timeframe of "late September" for the delivery of his car. So yes, there's hope that they're on schedule, and have learned to at least be a bit conservative with the dates they throw around. :)
yep, just hoping they will continue to stay at least on time since this one was delivered a couple of weeks early :)

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's clear to me, and perfectly understandable, that a lot of the software features are not complete in the car. I doubt autopilot works yet, sure, but there are hundreds of little things that must get rewritten, down to controls etc, not to mention user interface and screen displays. Tesla understandably needs more time to get these at a 1.0 level, and any mention of something not quite right, even deep in this forum, will get picked up by the media and the investors and can potentially be damaging to Tesla, and if enough money is pulled out, hamper production and worse case get us our cars later. So buck up and drink some patience cool-aid for a few more weeks.

That said I would really love some very generalized impressions, a little positive feedback on how much he loves it without details, just to keep our spirits up! No need for full radio silence.

Country
Country
First of all just let me say...This site is AWESOME! I will be a 1st time EV/Tesla owner soon. Lots to learn. My son works for Tesla. We configured our Model 3 the day after the handover event in Fremont. (He had an invite but had to get up at 4am the following day, so he declined to go to the event) The $1000 reservation & now the $2500 order deposit brings this dream closer to reality. I will post our progress as the delivery gets closer and closer. (Maybe Oct-Nov '17...sooner would be better)
Dose Model 3 + Premium Upgrades Package have a HEPA(high efficiency particulate air filter)?

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The only other reference to "TMISRV001" was to tire pressure monitoring sensors...

tracksyde

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@PTFI It looks like you & I are in a race! :) My brother is an employee, and we did the same reservation swap as you & your son for similar reasons. Last Thursday I was told the delivery was 2-3 weeks away, so that puts the ETA between the 14th-21st of Sept. Can't wait!
@RiggerJon, is your delivery soon? There are two white Model 3s in Austin:

Someone from TMC went by the Austin SC today and took a pic (this pic shows the 2 side by side):

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/2316031/

Ah, I'll just add it here:

img_20170920_080754-jpg.3338

Last edited:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
so these photos yours? someone else's? (seems they were orig posted on twitter then deleted, but someone downloaded & reposted on imgur)

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
so these photos yours? someone else's?
For these employee/family deliveries, it's understandable if they want to use discretion to protect their job or that of their family members. Honestly, I don't care who's the owner of the car. If any current owner wants to create a "MICKEY MOUSE" account and post unidentifiable pictures or files pertaining to their new Model 3, that would make me happy...

PTFI

FIRST OWNER!
FIRST MODEL 3 OWNER
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
:sunglasses::sunglasses::cool::cool:
For these employee/family deliveries, it's understandable if they want to use discretion to protect their job or that of their family members. Honestly, I don't care who's the owner of the car. If any current owner wants to create a "MICKEY MOUSE" account and post unidentifiable pictures or files pertaining to their new Model 3, that would make me happy...
No "MICKEY MOUSE" account here! Sorry it took so long to post some photos... I'm gonna start a new thread...this one has gotten a little off track :cool::cool::cool:
img_5264-jpg.3358