19X8.5 TSV on model Y

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

atod

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Hi,

I am seriously considering the TSV wheels since I am just about fed up of how easy it is to curb rash the gemini rim lips. In Canadian winter with Sottozero tires and that lip sticks out like a sore thumb ( and curbs love it).
That being said I really fancy the idea of sticking 19X8.5 TSV that are listed in model 3 section and squeeze 255 tires on them to get even more extra curb protection.
My analysis suggests it shouldn't be a problem :
- same load rating
- offset ET 35 means that overall the rim will be 2-3 mm more inwards than a standard 9.5 wheel
- the tire position should be 10 mm outwards + any bulge from squeezing it onto a 8.5 wheel.
- It seems both model 3 and model y versions have the cutout for the brake retention screw

Anything else I am missing ?

Tsportsline : Any thoughts on this approach ?

thanks all!

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.