12v now always on?

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Country
Country
My preferred behavior for the VCLEFT "trailer" connection would be to power on upon doors-unlock and power off when the vehicle locks. I think this would make sense from the perspective of what the trailer connection is meant for too-- when you unlock the car the lights come on for identification. If you had a trailer connected, it would make sense that the trailer lights would come on as well.

Sadly I don't think a feature request like this would make it very far with customersupport@tesla.com -- "can you please change the behavior of this thing that a normal customer doesn't know even exists, involves dissembling part of your car to reach, and people shouldn't be using anyway."

Gabzqc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Apologies for bringing back an old thread.
What's the latest on this 12v off after 45mins situation?
Could one, for example, leave a mini fridge plugged in and cooling all night?
Perhaps if we are charging at a camp site?
Thanks!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Apologies for bringing back an old thread.
What's the latest on this 12v off after 45mins situation?
Could one, for example, leave a mini fridge plugged in and cooling all night?
Perhaps if we are charging at a camp site?
Thanks!
the 12v turns off when the car goes to sleep - so will depend on if you are doing anything to keep it awake (IE Sentry Mode).

Franklin L

Country
Country
So if Sentry Mode is on, will the 12v sources (both on the left, under the dash and via the cigarette lighter plug) always be on? Is there any way to keep Sentry on, but turn off the 12v power when the car is exited?

Thanks!

SimonMatthews

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So if Sentry Mode is on, will the 12v sources (both on the left, under the dash and via the cigarette lighter plug) always be on? Is there any way to keep Sentry on, but turn off the 12v power when the car is exited?

Thanks!
I wish this were an option. Configure whether or not 12V is still on when the car is locked.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think with Party Mode on the way soon (discovered in software), this will keep the music and 12v on indefinitely if you want.