120 Vac Inverter Placement thoughts

quadmasta

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What are you wanting to run with it? There's room on the left side of the trunk all the way in the back and that'd insure you'd not hear it at all but you'd have to run wire all the way to the front to the battery.

Defjukie

Country
Country
What are you wanting to run with it? There's room on the left side of the trunk all the way in the back and that'd insure you'd not hear it at all but you'd have to run wire all the way to the front to the battery.
There is a 12V, high capacity tap point just under the rear seat, passenger side. I believe it's coming directly off of the DC-DC converter.

If you need it inside the cabin, there are several places you can tap depending on whether you want switched or constant power... but there aren't very many nooks & crannies to hide things like an inverter. Possibly under one of the front seats?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is a 12V, high capacity tap point just under the rear seat, passenger side. I believe it's coming directly off of the DC-DC converter.

If you need it inside the cabin, there are several places you can tap depending on whether you want switched or constant power... but there aren't very many nooks & crannies to hide things like an inverter. Possibly under one of the front seats?
@Defjukie you seem to be very knowledgeable on the various places to tap into power throughout the car. I've seen you post about this in other threads. Out of curiosity, how do you know this for sure? Do you have a map of the car's electrical system or a list of the various tap locations you could share?

Defjukie

Country
Country
@Defjukie you seem to be very knowledgeable on the various places to tap into power throughout the car. I've seen you post about this in other threads. Out of curiosity, how do you know this for sure? Do you have a map of the car's electrical system or a list of the various tap locations you could share?
Everything I know, I learned from user Ingineer (Ingineerix on YouTube). He bought a salvage M3 and completely disassembled it.