Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

$1000 Reservations Still Have Priority

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Dr. J 
#1 · (Edited)
I phoned the Westmont, Illinois Tesla store last week. A sales agent assured me that by retaining my Model 3 reservation, I would have priority over anyone in our region placing an order with my same configuration but without a reservation. Today I phoned the Highland Park, Illinois Tesla store and a sales agent verified the earlier information.

Of course once that other person's order goes into the production queue, I cannot bump him/her by placing an order afterward. But when Tesla announces that orders for the smaller battery packs are being accepted, the priority given to those with $1000 reservations could make a huge difference in delivery times.

#3 ·
I fully expect that to be a true statement. The question on standard battery is will it open for everyone or will it be staggered.

#4 ·
How do you order model 3 without using your reservation? I think now I want to hold the reservation for next year (just in case, for SR), but I can't figure out how to *not* use my reservation on the LR I'm about to order. My main consideration on the LR is that it comes before Dec. 31, but that seems likely even without a reservation. And my garage isn't built yet, so no hurry. Any thoughts or tips on the ordering question?

#14 ·
Seems like if you use your reservation now, you are an owner next year. And owners, move to the front of the line.

Could you use your current reservation, get car, create new reservation and then as a new owner, you will move up ahead of most of the others. Except for a current owner waiting for SR only.

Reactions: Dr. J
#15 ·
Good point on the owner status. Hadn't thought of that. You can't create a reservation at this point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.