$1000 Reservations Still Have Priority

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Curt Renz

Country
Country
I phoned the Westmont, Illinois Tesla store last week. A sales agent assured me that by retaining my Model 3 reservation, I would have priority over anyone in our region placing an order with my same configuration but without a reservation. Today I phoned the Highland Park, Illinois Tesla store and a sales agent verified the earlier information.

Of course once that other person's order goes into the production queue, I cannot bump him/her by placing an order afterward. But when Tesla announces that orders for the smaller battery packs are being accepted, the priority given to those with $1000 reservations could make a huge difference in delivery times.

Last edited:

Jasper

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I phoned the Westmont, Illinois Tesla store last week. A sales agent assured me that by retaining my Model 3 reservation, I would have priority over anyone in our region placing an order with my same configuration but without a reservation. Today I phoned the Highland Park, Illinois Tesla store and a sales agent verified the earlier information.

Of course once that other person's order goes into the production queue, I cannot bump him/her by placing an order afterward. But when Tesla announces that orders for the smaller battery packs are being accepted, the priority given to those with $1000 reservations could make a huge difference in delivery times.
I too hope the same happens if I end up ordering. I was a line waiter on that first day. I actually had two reservations and cancelled one of them last month.
If I were able to get the $3,750 before it gets cut that would be good.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I fully expect that to be a true statement. The question on standard battery is will it open for everyone or will it be staggered.

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How do you order model 3 without using your reservation? I think now I want to hold the reservation for next year (just in case, for SR), but I can't figure out how to *not* use my reservation on the LR I'm about to order. My main consideration on the LR is that it comes before Dec. 31, but that seems likely even without a reservation. And my garage isn't built yet, so no hurry. Any thoughts or tips on the ordering question?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How do you order model 3 without using your reservation? I think now I want to hold the reservation for next year (just in case, for SR), but I can't figure out how to *not* use my reservation on the LR I'm about to order. My main consideration on the LR is that it comes before Dec. 31, but that seems likely even without a reservation. And my garage isn't built yet, so no hurry. Any thoughts or tips on the ordering question?
could you not just go to the tesla.com/model3 page and order thru the configure page? it should bi-pass your outstanding reservation I'd expect.

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If @MelindaV's idea doesn't work, you can always create a new login and order that way.
I think I'll have to do it that way. Bypassing the MyTesla page to the direct configure still keeps all previously selected options, my contact information, etc.

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
could you not just go to the tesla.com/model3 page and order thru the configure page? it should bi-pass your outstanding reservation I'd expect.
Thanks, I tried that, but it appeared not to work--it still knew it was me and knew what car I wanted.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks, I tried that, but it appeared not to work--it still knew it was me and knew what car I wanted.
May be worth a call in to ask how to get a new order in without it using your res. (I’d say for most to go into a store, but Texas....)

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
May be worth a call in to ask how to get a new order in without it using your res. (I’d say for most to go into a store, but Texas....)
Tesla has stores in Texas, they just can't sell you anything. :D Well, maybe accessories. And Powerwalls.

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Seems like if you use your reservation now, you are an owner next year. And owners, move to the front of the line.

Could you use your current reservation, get car, create new reservation and then as a new owner, you will move up ahead of most of the others. Except for a current owner waiting for SR only.

Alighieri256

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Seems like if you use your reservation now, you are an owner next year. And owners, move to the front of the line.

Could you use your current reservation, get car, create new reservation and then as a new owner, you will move up ahead of most of the others. Except for a current owner waiting for SR only.
Good point on the owner status. Hadn't thought of that. You can't create a reservation at this point.

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Try it again and look for your RN in the URL. It's not there when I do it.
Yeah, I actually think that works. I haven't done it yet...still figuring out what color to order. I thought I knew, but my mind was changed for me. ;)

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

OK, so maybe it doesn't matter. Trying to predict Tesla ordering rules....is tough.