“Charging Complete” Message

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got home today and decided to go ahead and charge for the week, to my usual 80%...got the system message “charging complete” around 2pm. Now just a few minutes ago I got the message again. I don’t think it’s discharging enough in such a short time to then feel it needs to charge again, could it? Does it only have to drop a tiny bit...like a single percent? Is this adjustable the same way the max is? Example: 80% max, charge when depleted to 75%

Since I usually charge overnight, I’ll wake up with multiple messages like this, so this is not new for me...thankfully I’m a heavy enough sleeper that it doesn’t wake me up. And I don’t want to turn off the notification, I like having those on. It’s been something I just live with but today since it happened during the day and not when I’m in slumberland or a morning zombie, I figured I’d come start a thread to get feedback from other owners.

So how about it all? Do you see this as well? Is there an easy remedy I’ve overlooked? I missed the Homelink customization on the summon page so I know anything is possible!

Thank you for your time!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Running 21.9 SW and have had this off and on as well. Not every day and night, but seems random. Sometimes we have a 2 or 3 of the messages during a single charge session and some days only one when it is done charging and not again during that session. Don't know what it is doing. Don't feel we have any phantom drain otherwise.

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Running 21.9 SW and have had this off and on as well. Not every day and night, but seems random. Sometimes we have a 2 or 3 of the messages during a single charge session and some days only one when it is done charging and not again during that session. Don't know what it is doing. Don't feel we have any phantom drain otherwise.
Agreed, it doesnt happen all the time and doesnt seem to indicate any phantom drain. Case in point, I unplugged after the second message yesterday (around 6:20pm) and when I got out to my car to leave this morning I still had the full 80% SOC.
I see that from time to time
It does seem to be intermittent. Most times I'll wake up to the standard 1 message, it's just every now and then I'll get 2 or more... the most I recall was 4 or 5 in one session.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got home today and decided to go ahead and charge for the week, to my usual 80%...got the system message “charging complete” around 2pm. Now just a few minutes ago I got the message again. I don’t think it’s discharging enough in such a short time to then feel it needs to charge again, could it? Does it only have to drop a tiny bit...like a single percent? Is this adjustable the same way the max is? Example: 80% max, charge when depleted to 75%

Since I usually charge overnight, I’ll wake up with multiple messages like this, so this is not new for me...thankfully I’m a heavy enough sleeper that it doesn’t wake me up. And I don’t want to turn off the notification, I like having those on. It’s been something I just live with but today since it happened during the day and not when I’m in slumberland or a morning zombie, I figured I’d come start a thread to get feedback from other owners.

So how about it all? Do you see this as well? Is there an easy remedy I’ve overlooked? I missed the Homelink customization on the summon page so I know anything is possible!

Thank you for your time!
Back when I first got RUBY in March, I was charging to 80% daily.
I would occasionally hear the charger cycle as it is on the wall opposite my office.
It doesn't do that now. With the updates to the system and the fact that she doesn't park out in the sun, I don't have much phantom drain. So how do I know it isn't cycling at night ? (since I don't have CHARGE COMPLETE notifications on)
Since I travel for work and there are free @ChargePoint chargers at the airport and I use them. This is a screen shot of my last long trip of 3 days.
You can see where she stopped charging then no activity for 2.5 days. The spike at the end is where I was about to fly the last leg home and increased the charge to 90%. It finished just before I landed then I turned on the A/C when I got off the plane and you can see the power draw at the end of the chart.

So I don't see her taking more power. But I remember reading somewhere or someone observed that their car started charging again when it was down 5% while connected to the charger. I don't think that would be your problem unless the car is using a crazy amount of juice while idle. Are you using any 3rd party apps? they seem to contribute to allot of phantom drain.

img_0728-png.11268

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Back when I first got RUBY in March, I was charging to 80% daily.
I would occasionally hear the charger cycle as it is on the wall opposite my office.
It doesn't do that now. With the updates to the system and the fact that she doesn't park out in the sun, I don't have much phantom drain. So how do I know it isn't cycling at night ? (since I don't have CHARGE COMPLETE notifications on)
Since I travel for work and there are free @ChargePoint chargers at the airport and I use them. This is a screen shot of my last long trip of 3 days.
You can see where she stopped charging then no activity for 2.5 days. The spike at the end is where I was about to fly the last leg home and increased the charge to 90%. It finished just before I landed then I turned on the A/C when I got off the plane and you can see the power draw at the end of the chart.

So I don't see her taking more power. But I remember reading somewhere or someone observed that their car started charging again when it was down 5% while connected to the charger. I don't think that would be your problem unless the car is using a crazy amount of juice while idle. Are you using any 3rd party apps? they seem to contribute to allot of phantom drain.

View attachment 11268
Is that a chart for Tesla's stock price as well? (ba dum ching) ;)

No 3rd part apps running... I've yet to even try any actually. Just seems to be an anomaly that will hopefully go away in a future update.
Been having some odd/bad issues since 24.1 but this one has manifested for quite a few firmware iterations now.

dcdttu

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just got my Wall Connector for my week-old Tesla and am having the same issue. Once it's complete it keeps turning on charging every 4-5 minutes, but I never get a "charging complete" notification. I ended up having to lower my charge limit to below what it was charged to to get it to stop.

Last edited:

MarkB

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm no longer getting "Charging Complete" Notifications.

Not sure it is related to my software versions -- I think it's a recent issue.

I DO get notifications when charging is started.
Not sure about messages when charging is interrupted.

I hadn't thought about it too much until a co-worker with a Model 3 mentioned it to me. I did some basic tests and confirmed it. Work and home. I normally set my limit to 90% (some times the app will show 90% when complete, and others it will show 89%). I've tested with various limits and didn't receive a "Charging Complete" notification. Tested at work and at home (Tesla Wall Charger).

So this is happening to a couple of us -- both on the following:

iOS version (3.8.0), or
Vehicle firmware (2018.49.12)

gary in NY

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have not seen the charging complete notification when home charging for some time. However, I supercharged the other day (didn't really need it, but I just wanted to see other Teslas passing through my area - saw several Xs, a newer P100D S, and a few 3s), and I got the usual super charger notices, including charging complete. Rebooted the car, but no luck. App is 3.8.0, car is 2018.48.12.

MarkB

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
just to be sure, do you both have those boxes checked in the notification settings of the app?
I have all the charging notifications checked in my app, and my iOS Settings--> Notifications --> Tesla is toggled to allow notifications. And I do get some (Charging Started) notifications.

Olds442

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Also have to ask if you're restarted both your phones and the car's CPUs. just thinking easiest things first. I have to look but i don't think i'm on 49.12 and i'm using a pixel 2.

jeepers i'm on 42.9 in the model 3 and app version 3.8.0 on the phone. (no fart sounds or romance modes for me yet.)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
mine send the notification each time for complete (and found out you get a notice that "climate has been turned off because it has been on for 4 hours" when you forget you have it scheduled via Teslafi to start before work on weekdays, but forget to disable it on holidays :flushed:)

Olds442

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
then i have to guess it's the software versions, i can't think of anything else to try. was hoping it was something simple like a setting getting changed somehow. i'd probably call customer service to see what they say.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm no longer getting "Charging Complete" Notifications.

Not sure it is related to my software versions -- I think it's a recent issue.

I DO get notifications when charging is started.
Not sure about messages when charging is interrupted.

I hadn't thought about it too much until a co-worker with a Model 3 mentioned it to me. I did some basic tests and confirmed it. Work and home. I normally set my limit to 90% (some times the app will show 90% when complete, and others it will show 89%). I've tested with various limits and didn't receive a "Charging Complete" notification. Tested at work and at home (Tesla Wall Charger).

So this is happening to a couple of us -- both on the following:

iOS version (3.8.0), or
Vehicle firmware (2018.49.12)

Same with me. Got the car three weeks ago and it worked.

Have not changed any settings, nor have I had a software update. Weird.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My iPhone stopped giving me notifications when charging was complete. I used to get notifications for this. I have "Charging Complete" checked in the app and "Allow Notifications" turned on on the phone.
I'll throw my name into the ring. I haven't received a charging complete message in over a month. I do get the charging starting message. I'll patiently wait for an update...